Monday, December 4th, 2017 Day 2
STAFF MEETING AFTER SCHOOL TODAY
EWS Community Christmas Art Night!
Wednesday, December 13th, 6-8 p.m.
- Please join us for an evening of painting a Christmas Theme on canvas!
- All are welcome…no experience necessary.
- Tickets are $25/person and are available limited amount available.
- All proceeds will go to support EWS families during the holiday season.
Student Council Initiatives
- Christmas Collection ChristMitts – December 1st – December 17th we will be collecting mittens,toques, scarves and socks to donate to the Upper Room Soup Kitchen. Please be generous in your support and make sure to take tons of photos and remember to use the hastag EWSGivesBack.
- 12 Days of Christmas Trivia! Every morning before announcements, we will broadcast one Christmas themed trivia question that your class will have to answer collectively, and their overall answer should be recorded by your homeroom teacher. At the end of the 12 days, we will collect all answers and tally up the responses. The prize for the winning class will be a double lunch, authorized by Mr. Wight.
- “Light Up The Night” Christmas Dance. Thursday, December 14th from 7-10pm. Light up accessories and white clothing for black light, but glowsticks will not be permitted at the dance.
- Student Council Meeting 3rd period for members of the poster and decoration committee
- There will be choir practice tomorrow after school, until 4pm in Ms. Campbell’s room.
Jazz Band will rehearse at lunch tomorrow.
Wrestling – Tuesday and Thursday this week.
Basketball This Week:
Monday, December 4th
3:15 – A and AA Girls practice
4:45 – A and AA Boys Practice
Tuesday, December 5th
4:30 – Morell vs. A Boys
6:00 – Morell vs. A Girls
5:30 – AA Girls at SIS (parents transport)
Wednesday, December 6th
No basketball practices – due to band concert
Thursday, December 7th
4:30 – Vernon River/Belfast at A Boys
6:00 – Vernon River/Belfast at A Girls
4:00 – AA Girls at Stonepark (transport by taxis)
5:30 – AA Boys at Stonepark (transport by parents)
Friday, December 8th
3:15 – AA Girls practice
4:45 – AA Boys practice
Saturday, December 9th
8:00 am – AA Boys practice
10:00 am – AA Girls practice
** Reminder to have fees paid and contracts in by TOMORROW, or make arrangements with Mr. MacAdam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
INTRAMURALS: Omnikin Volleyball – schedule is posted.
INTRAMURAL DODGEBALL: Sign up sheets are now available for our annual EWS Dodgeball League. You can make your own team of 12, or see a Phys.Ed. teacher and we’ll put you on a team. Each participant is asked to donate $1 to play with all proceeds going to families in need for the holidays. Deadline to enter a team is tomorrow.
CAFETERIA Sweet and sour meatballs served with rice and corn $5.25
Burger express served with side Caesar salad $5.00
½ BLT Wrap and dill pickle pasta salad $4.50
****ELF ON THE SHELF*** Your Naughty cafeteria elf hides in a new spot daily! Be the first to find the hiding spot and receive a FREE bakery item of your choice. Post your Elfie Selfie with the ELF on the Shelf to Facebook or Instagram, tag us and you could win Lunch for you and a friend!
If you find the elf let us know in the CAFETERIA
The Midget AAA Mid-Isle Matrix will be donating proceeds from 2 upcoming game admissions to the CBC ‘Feed a Family’ drive. As well, there will be an additional donation box located at the main entrance for extra donations to support this initiative during the Christmas season. So please encourage your family and friends to attend one or both of the following games:Tuesday December 5 at 7:40 pm at APM Centre in Cornwall (vs Kings County Kings) Tuesday December 12 at 7:30 pm at Kensington Community Gardens in Kensington (vs Western Regals)